Monday, July 9, 2012

My Rare Yarn Adventure

Oh me oh my! I spent the beginning of last week in Nelson (that's across the sea!) in Cruellas, the best yarn shop on the planet!
Cruellas sells its own range of yarn, made from blends of merino and alpaca, under the brand Rare Yarn. In the shop, you can buy a hand knitted garment made from their range of exclusive patterns, order one to be knitted in your choice of size and colour, or buy the yarn and DIY. Or KIY. How cool is that!
We'll be selling the yarn and will have a stock of samples on rotation.
Two of the garments from their pattern range. I love the filigree mannequins so much I had to track some down for us!
A few of the most adorable knitted toys ever. They are so soft and delicious. Mr Turtle's shell is a coat the comes off!
I do confess that the highlight of my trip was this tiny scrap of puppyness. Brillo is a wire haired terrier (Kiwis know these as "Wilson" dogs on account of this ad) who was only 9 days old. He is the runt of the litter and is being hand fed to see if he can catch up with his 2 enormous siblings. I don't know if he has made it through another week yet. He spent a fair bit of his time in my arms, or in Ruth's cowl/snood (Ruth's hands in the photo, she is SO good with animals, and people too!)
So all in all, it feels like a pretty big honour to be brought into "the fold," and I am looking forward to having a cosy yarn filled corner of our shop, that alas will be puppy free!

3 comments:

  1. Isn't that pup absolutely gorgeous!! A tiny little handful. How delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh exciting yarn adventures! And what a cute puppy! I hope the yarn I won is still available :) Please let me know what you want me to do, my email is linked in my name, or you could reply to my comment :) I'll keep checking back! So excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a book I have been reading recently, I think you might enjoy it as well if you can find it at the library.
    Main Title: Knitting in the old way
    Author: Gibson-Roberts, Priscilla A.
    Imprint: Fort Collins, CO. : Nomad, 2004.
    Collation: 187 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 28 cm.
    Notes: Includes index.
    Bibliography: p. 182-183.
    ISBN: 0966828925
    Dewey Class: 746.92, 746.4320432

    ReplyDelete