Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Emma & Michael Quilt revealed!

This is the finished quilt. Sue quilted it for me with musical notes, so preetty!
MrC is holding it up - it's about 150cm square (5 ft x 5 ft).

 And THIS is the back. I got this hilarious Wizard of Oz panel fabric recently, because it was on special. It is so bad, it's good!!
I used up all of the extra bits to make the back big enough.
 The binding fabric was the one that didn't end up in the quilt itself - it is covered in punctuation marks.
I do so love it! And so do they. Even though they only got it for one night before having to give it back to me so I can display it for a while in the shop! heehee!
Quilters are notorious for this - because our work is sometimes needed for talks, exhibitions and classes. We always give them back however...eventually!

8 comments:

  1. How lovely - lots of great detail sewn with love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this quilt is amazing and s beautifully made! I love all the different fabrics in it, gorgeous! Thanks for commenting on my blog by the way, very kind of you! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mrs. C.,
    That's happiness in 2D, which has made happiness in 3D, live!

    Pretty neat, I must say.

    Very best,

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! Love it, MrsC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the different prints work so well! I'd take so much time to choose them, lol! I love the Wizard of Oz on the back, haha :) What lucky friends of yours..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its a very distinctive quilt. Its almost a peice of pop art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just seen this Mrs C - very nice! I am sure it was appreciated =)

    ReplyDelete