Tuesday, October 4, 2016

People are Strange...

...As Jim Morrison once sang. And as did I on Saturday night emceeing at Caburlesque Weird and Quirky. I had very little time to get costumed and made up so I went for a simple look; matching my makeup to the faces on my costume. As you do.

Here I am at the curtain call, with Douglas Sievers-Jarrett and La Femme Fantail.

So why such a fast turnaround? Because until 5pm, I was emceeing a wedding in the country!
My daytime look, pinup inspired. Wearing the black lace dress with red rose appliques.
It was a glorious wedding, incorporating Druid, Christian and legal ceremonial elements. Emily the bride declared that she and Richard got "All kinds of married" and that was a great way of putting it!

I know I've been quiet these past few weeks, but of course that's because I've been so busy. I am working on a costume, making those kale edged organza frills for the bottom. Negotiating with the supplier of our bias bindings to make a super narrow satin one for the edges of this. It's going to be such a pain in the pattoottie to attach but it will be worth it I feel.
I have until 10 October to get all the details for our Fringe Festival show locked down so that is my priority. Wish me luck!


5 comments:

  1. You are a dead-ringer for Frida Khalo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe for a dead Frida Kahlo, beign so ghostly white hehe.

      Delete
  2. Stellar makeup job, and all kinds of married is a good way of putting it. I look forward to seeing your costume. I wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely isn't it. I did post a pic of me int he dress singing last time but it's not a great pic. Hopefully more will be forthcoming!

      Delete
  3. Your make-up looks amazing!!! :D

    ReplyDelete